A new study by WalletHub used â€œ30 key metrics, ranging from share of millennials to millennial unemployment rate to millennial voter-turnout rateâ€? to find out which states are the â€˜Best States for Millennials.â€™
The Top 5 Best States for Millennials are:
- Washington, D.C. (also ranks highest in percentage of millennials already living there!)
- North Dakota (lowest unemployment rate)
- Minnesota (highest millennial homeownership rate)
- Massachusetts (highest percentage of millennials with health insurance coverage)
- Iowa (ranked #1 in lowest housing cost for millennials)
Below is a map with the rankings for each of the 50 states:
We recently reported on a study that set out to find out â€œHow Much You Need to Make to Buy a Home in Your State,â€? which may have left you wondering what the average salaries are in each of the five states listed above.
According to WalletHubâ€™s research, the top 5 states with the Highest Average Millennial Salaries are:
- Washington, D.C.
- New York
Every day, more and more millennials are aging into the â€˜Responsibility Zone,â€™ the time in their lives when their responsibilities start to dictate their behaviors. For many, this includes buying a home. The top 5 states with the Highest Millennial Homeownership Rate are:
- West Virginia
If owning a home is next on your list, letâ€™s get together to answer any questions you may have and set you on the path to homeownership!
Source: Keeping Current Matters