Often times we are asked which Las Vegas Schools are the best or rank the highest academically. Well, we have done our homework and below are links that will take you to various websites for school comparison, rankings, zoning information, and much more.

General Resources

Clark County School District

Clark County School – Zoning Information

At eSchoolprofile, you can get information on up to three high schools and related elementary/middle schools all in one easy to understand profile report.

Find Top Rated Las Vegas Schools

SchoolMatch by Public Priority Systems, Inc. is a research and database service company that collects, audits, integrates, processes and manages information about public and private elementary and secondary schools.

University Of Nevada
Las Vegas College
College of Southern Nevada

Clark County School District

Administration Building
2382 E. Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89121






Private Schools

Click Here for a list of the private schools located primarily in the southwest and northwest areas of Las Vegas.

Private School for Toddlers

The Goddard School for Early Childhood Development

Education Facts

The Clark County School District is the 6th largest school district in the country.  The County has added 10 new facilities to a total of 260 schools to accommodate the continuously growing number of students. With so many students, the Clark County School District offers a variety of programs in addition to its average curriculum. Special programs and services are available for physically and mentally handicapped children, bilingual programs, classes for the academically challenged and advanced placement and honors programs.

[The mission statement of the Clark County School District is to ensure that all students will learn and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, attitude, and ethics necessary to succeed as a contributing member of society.]

As part of educational reform in Clark County schools, the District now provides Accountability Reports. Furnished each spring to parents and also available on the website, www.ccsd.net, the report includes statistics about a school’s performance as well as achievements, highlights, awards, goals and technology use.

School Attendance is required for children 7 to 17 years of age mandated by Nevada State Law. Students about to enter 1st grade must have attended a state-approved kindergarten program or take a developmental assessment test. A child must be 5 years old on or before Sept 30th to attend kindergarten and 6 years old on or before Sept 30thto attend 1st grade.

Students who live more than 2 miles from zoned schools are eligible for bus transportation. Those who are eligible must fill out an application requesting the service. They are available throughout the School District. Bus times and route schedules can be obtained through your child’s school. NOTE: Students with zone variances will not be bused. Parents will be responsible for the child’s transportation to and from school.

Every school gives students the opportunity to purchase breakfast and hot lunches. Elementary schools average $.70 for breakfast and $1.30 for lunches, while mid-level schools are $.80 – $1.00 for breakfast and $1.95 for hot lunches. For students in K – 8th grade, applications for free or reduced-price meals can be found at the school’s office or cafeteria.

Nevada Law requires students to have these immunizations prior to the start of class. 4 DPT shots (one more if the last dose was before 4th birthday), 3 Polio shots (one more if the last dose was before 4th birthday), 2 MMR shots (one dose must be given before the 1st birthday the second given between kindergarten and 1st grade).

In order to enroll students:

  • Must have proof of immunizations before classes begin.
  • Parents enrolling a child in a District School for the first time must have ID, child’s social security number, and two forms of proof of address. Child IDs can be an original birth certificate, baptismal certificate or passport. Copies are NOT accepted. Proof of address can be a recent utility bill, rent receipt, residence lease or sales contract. Telephone or cable bills and driver’s licenses are NOT accepted as proof.
  • All students who are transferring from another school district require transcripts or report cards from the previous school attended.

For more information or to answer any questions you can email, call or visit the website.